"Fominha" (diminutive of fome - hunger, famine) is a player that is hogging the ball, also known as glory hunter.
- Esse atacante é muito fominha! Tira ele!
It's a polite way of telling someone to go to hell. Used when someone makes an unnecessary criticism.
It is more polite than vai se foder (go fuck yourself).
- Nossa, seu cabelo está horrível.
- Ah, vai te catar.
This is one of the funniest, but also clearer expressions we have. The translation is "What is a fart, to someone who is soiled". It has similar meaning to "it can't get any worse".
It means that since you are already in a bad situation (like having crapped your pants) smaller things won't make much difference (like farting in this case).
- Nossa, ela bombou e ainda pegou a maior chuva na volta da escola.
- Bah, mas o que é um peido pra quem tá cagado mesmo né?
A "skinny dog" or "thin dog" is someone who comes to your house only to eat. They usually arrive, do some small talk, eat and disappear right after of that.
The expression comes from when you feed a skinny dog. They are usually afraid, and grab the food and rush away with it.
- O Tomás é maior cachorro magro né? Veio na festa só pra comer.
We use it when the weaker team wins the stronger one". In the World Cup, we have some "zebras", like Costa Rica, for example!
- Deu zebra no grupo da morte. A Costa Rica se classificou!