"The rope always snaps at the weakest side". It is used when wanting to give someone advice, as in "don't get in this kind of situation, you know that if something goes wrong, the rope always snaps at the weakest side, and you will have to deal with it".
- A corda sempre arrebenta do lado mais fraco
Point blank, point-blank, at point blank range. When something is shot at a short distance.
- Tropas da PM atiraram à queima roupa em manifestantes
Acronym for Santo André, São Bernardo and São Caetano. Three neighboring cities near São Paulo.
- Vai ter jogo hoje lá no ABC?
- Vai sim, mas nem vou poder ir poque vou viajar com a patroa.
"To button up your blazer" is to die, similar to kick the bucket.
- Meu cão abotoou o paletó hoje :-(
A super tight hug, that you give to someone you've been missing, or to someone that you simply love.
- Oh, que bebê lindo. Dá vontade de esmagar! Vou dar um super abraço de urso, pode?