Something that is cool. Usually a reply to some good idea or commentary.
Displaying expressions starting with 'D'
No way to literally translate this, but the sentence uses the verb (dar) to make a comparison between the frequency said girl has sex with the growth cicle of the chayote.
- Como estava o clube ontem?
- Danado de bom!
The verb "dar" (to give) has a very broad meaning. One of the possible uses is sexual: when a girl has sex, she "gives" (dá) to the guy. Another possible use is to describe the growth of fruit, vegetables and such. So, for example, in this kind of soil, it "gives" (dá) strawberries.
- Ela deu pra cinco caras só hoje.
Same as "amamentar". It means breastfeed.
- Você pode ir lá abrir a porta enquanto eu dou de mamar pro Nuno?
Run away from something or somewhere.
- Dá no pé que os cara chegou!
Take a walk, go for a walk.
"De boa" can be used as answer for "Beleza?". Or you can use it to refer to someone who is in a good situation.
Same as soup to nuts, from cover to cover or from beginning to end. It means to cover a whole topic.
- Hoje vamos revisar o conteúdo da matéria de cabo a rabo.
Fair wear and tear.
- Quando o contrato de aluguel acabar, você deixa tudo limpo e claro que a gente considera o desgaste natural das coisas, e você não precisa pagar nada.
Word of the day
Subscribe to the SLBR word of the day mailing list