Pick, guitar pick
- Eu peguei a palheta do Slash!!!
Same meaning as 'the shoemaker's kids go barefoot', as when someone is a very talented chef at some restaurant, but only cooks noodles at home.
- Ué. Ele não é o dono de um monte de vinícola? Por que então ele só toma vinho vagabundo?
- Casa de ferreiro, espeto de pau
To get under someone's skin
- Que foi Maria?
- Ah! O João me tira do sério as vezes.
When you have completely messed up at something, or have made terrible mistake. For example, you had to send a report, but by accident CTRL V'ed some reddit link while writing. This would be a "cagada".
- Ontem eu tentei abrir uma cerveja com os dentes... acabei quebrando os dois centrais.
- Putz mano, que cagada!
It translates to "eat until (it) will pout". This expression must be used informally, but it has a double-meaning. Most people don't realize that the "it" in the expression is sometimes replaced by "o cu", as in "comer até o cu fazer bico".
The origin of the expression comes actually from this slang. It means that you will eat so much, but so much, that you'll be filled, and your ass will start to pout. Gross, I know.
Some people might say too, that you'll actually pout your lips, in a sign that you are full and cannot eat anymore.
- Passa a concha aí pra eu pegar sopa?
- Qual a palavra mágica?
Pescar means to fish, but can also be used as a slang for when a person is nodding off, and you can see that s/he is trying very hard to stay awake.
Pescar does not mean to sleep, but when you are fighting hard to not sleep, and your head moves forward and you get it straight up again, almost sleeps, and keep doing that for a while.
FDP mean filha da puta or in english son of a bitch it is slang and they normally use it on the internet here is an example
- eu comie sua namorada
- seu FDP
I slept with your girlfriend
you( FDP) son of a bitch
"Entregar a rapadura" (give up the rapadura, give the rapadura to someone else) is the act of giving up, or losing, a competition or match where you were the favorite to win.
- Será que ele vai entregar a rapadura na candidatura pra São Paulo?
In trouble, same as up the creek (without a paddle). The translation is 'in the woods, without a dog', probably a reference to someone lost or hunting without a dog.
- Sem o manual para montar este berço estamos em um mato sem cachorro.
- Amanhã você vai sozinho na reunião.
- Puxa, você vai me deixar num mato sem cachorro assim chefe.